Now it’s time for me to share some of the Rosemary & Thyme shirts I sewed! In developing these patterns for the Project Farmer’s Market capsule wardrobe collection, I had to sew up quite a few samples to check fit and so on. Luckily I have kids in many of the sizes I needed checked before turning the pattern over to my tester group. You can see many of the fantastic tester photos in this post.
Read about the D’Anjou Dress from this capsule wardrobe collection here. Read about the Banana Boat Tee and Soleil Skirt in this post. Read about the Jonagold Jumper from this collection here. Read about the Up Beet Tee & Dress and Turnip Up Trousers & Shorts in this post.
This Rosemary Shirt was for baby Tina in the smallest size, size 1. After this sample, the collar shape was changed, and the button placket was narrowed, so don’t pay too much attention to those things! Tina loves to wear this Rosemary Shirt, so those things were mostly aesthetic changes anyway. This version includes one placket ruffle, and the optional side elastic. The fabric is a striped linen from my fabric stash.
This is another Rosemary Shirt I sewed for Tina. It’s actually the one you see layered under her D’Anjou Dress in the greenhouse photos. I just adore the little tie sleeves, don’t you? This Rosemary Shirt is sewn using a lightweight shirting fabric from my stash.
David received a Thyme Shirt early on in the testing process. This one is made using stretch sateen. After this fit check, the shape of the collar was changed. He looks so handsome in black, but it is really hard to photograph!
And of course there’s the Thyme Shirt that David is wearing under his Jonagold Jumper. There are some awesome photos of it in the greenhouse photoshoot, but my favorite is the one I snapped at home with my iPhone camera. In it he’s holding a chicken and looking super serious. What a heart breaker! The fabric is some I had in my stash, but here is some fun moth fabric. Or this honey bee fabric. Or how about this bug fabric?
At one point, I needed to check the fit of the largest size of the Thyme Shirt, so I sewed one up in lightweight chambray for Thomas. It’s a good thing I did because the fit across the back, chest and shoulders needed quite a bit of adjustment. Also, the sleeve head was changed after this fit check. Technical information, but all part of the process of designing a pattern!
Nearing the end of the fitting process, I sewed up this Rosemary Shirt for Annie in the same lightweight chambray fabric. By this time, the fit was getting so good that this version is totally wearable and quite close to the final version of the Rosemary Shirt. So I went ahead and finished this Rosemary Shirt after grabbing this fit photo, and in fact, Annie wears this Rosemary shirt often! (I really need to get a picture!)
And I plan to sew up quite a few more of these Rosemary & Thyme Shirts through the summer and fall. Annie wants a short sleeve version with the cute sleeve ties, and I owe Thomas one that fits properly. Plus somehow Lowell missed out on getting any at all…and it would be fun to sew matching ones for him and David. Plus I’ve been pondering lengthening the Rosemary Shirt into a dress for baby Tina. With the wide variety of fabric options, the possibilities are endless!
Find the whole Project Farmer’s Market collection here in the shop. (Save over 30%!!!)
Find the unisex mini collection here in the shop. (Save over 25%!!!)
Find the girls mini collection here in the shop. (Save over 25%!!!)
Affiliate links are used in this post to patterns and fabric we use and love. If you purchse soem of these products by clicking through our links, we might make a few extra pennies at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting our small business!